Our aim is
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent involving, community-based group.
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
We offer your child
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes.
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children (one adult to six children).
- Fun and friendship with other children and adults.
- The support of a personal key worker.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in your child′s progress.
- children and their families.
Pre-School Opening Times
8.45 – 2.45 Monday to Thursday
Term Time Only.
The Pre-School is registered with, and inspected by, Ofsted
A settling-in programme will be agreed with parent/carers prior to admission.
The first days
A child who is tense or unhappy will not be able to play or learn properly, so it is important for parents and pre-school staff to work together to help the child feel confident and secure in the group. This takes longer for some children than for others and parents should not feel worried if their child takes a while to settle. See the Pre-School’s policy on settling in.
What to wear
In order to feel free to explore and experiment with all kinds of materials, including messy ones, it is best to dress children in clothes that are easily washable and not too new. It is good for children to practice the skills which will make them independent. Simple clothing which they can handle themselves will enable them to go to the toilet independently and put on and take off their outdoor clothing without being dependent on help from other people. We also ask that children bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear so that we can use our outdoor play space as much as possible. Please also ensure that children are adequately protected during the summer months. Items of clothing including sweatshirts and polo shirts bearing our logo are available to purchase. Please ensure that all clothing is labelled.
In order to encourage children to eat healthily we ask each child to bring a piece of fruit or vegetable (eg carrot, cherry tomatoes) to be shared at group snack-time. Children will be offered milk or water at snack-time. Water is freely available throughout each session but we encourage children to bring their own named water bottle to each session.
We also encourage parents to provide ‘Healthy Lunchboxes’ when their child attends Pre-school Lunch Club.